Midwestern Council Community Forums  

Go Back   Midwestern Council Community Forums > Results > Wheel to Wheel Results

Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM

Default Wheel-Wheel Track Records

Is anyone interested in Wheel-Wheel Track Records?

The Track Records for ALL of the tracks we have raced at since 1995 are now posted on the website at
http://www.mcscc.org/events-results-2011-ww.php
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM

Hey Bill,

Great to see this on the web.

Question though, Blackhawk Farms ITS lap record shows an 06 mx5 miata as the record holder. This car isn't even legal for ITS.

How does that work?
#38 ITS BMW 325is
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschreyer View Post
Blackhawk Farms ITS lap record shows an 06 mx5 miata as the record holder. This car isn't even legal for ITS.

How does that work?
That's how the car was listed and classified on the Results for the 10/20-21/2007 event. If you are correct that the MX5 is not legal in ITS, then the car was either mis-described or mis-classified; in any case that should have been addressed at the time of the event, especially seeing as how the MX5 placed 1st in Class & took the 1st place Champ points from a lower-finishing ITS MC entrant.

Perhaps no competitor noticed or cared to bring it to the Officials' attention. Looking at the final points standings in ITS, shuffling the ITS points down one finishing position did not affect the final standings.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 PM

I am OK with the standard operating proceedure as outlined in the GCR in regards to protesting the end results of the race, however the car is not classified for ITS today, nor was it at the time that the record was set, therefore there is no validity to the record. I am not protesting the legality of the physical attributes of the car, I am flat out saying the car is not classed in ITS as per the ITCS spec sheets.

Does protesting the end results of the race also cover long standing records such as this?

My point is, to exagerate the condition, If I run a formula atlantic car and say it runs in ITS and set the track record at X event, and I go unnoticed, unprotested, then that record will presumably stand until the end of time as no ITS car will be able to contest.

The season was unaffected, apparently the event participants were unaffected, however with a long standing record how do we clear this?
#38 ITS BMW 325is

Last edited by Tschreyer; 02-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschreyer View Post
The season was unaffected, apparently the event participants were unaffected, however with a long standing record how do we clear this?
I lack the authority to amend the record on my own, nor am I aware of a specific procedure in place to address the situation. I will bring the matter to the attention of the Competition Director.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM

Hello Mr. Martin,

I believe two of your SRF track records are in error.

The track record for Autobahn South is credited to Steve Kohli with a 1:37.666. Joe Turner ran a lap of 1:36.281 in qualifying for the the October 3, 2010 race at Autobahn.

The track record for Blackhawk is credited to Mark Jurczyk with a 1:20.069. Rick Bartuska ran a lap of 1:20.014 in qualifying for the October 29, 2011 race at Blackhawk.

Peter Jankovskis
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM

There is 1 thing that I think would not allow those times to be eligible. I do not believe qualifying times are eligible for track records. I believe track records must be set in a race session.

There is also another thing that I know would prevent them, but am unsure if it applies since I don't feel like looking up the full results of those races. To be eligible for MCSCC track records a driver must enter on his/her MCSCC license.
2008 Driver of the Year
#111 FP/ST2 1990 Gold/Blk Acura Integra
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra111 View Post
There is 1 thing that I think would not allow those times to be eligible. I do not believe qualifying times are eligible for track records. I believe track records must be set in a race session.

There is also another thing that I know would prevent them, but am unsure if it applies since I don't feel like looking up the full results of those races. To be eligible for MCSCC track records a driver must enter on his/her MCSCC license.
This makes the ITS track record for Blackhawk set by an MX5 Cup Car in 2007 even more confusing since it's Driver also entered as an SCCA NAT. license holder.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Maybe that is why I got pulled in to weigh after qualifying with a 1:23.063 (I think). SM records will fall this year with the tire rule.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SM View Post
SM records will fall this year with the tire rule.
I totally forgot about that and didn't see anyone's tires. Were you the only one on Hoosiers or were all the Miatas?
2008 Driver of the Year
#111 FP/ST2 1990 Gold/Blk Acura Integra